Steps to becoming a Lottery Winner
- When you?re picking numbers, try and get a good mix of odds, evens, high?s and low?s.
- Low Numbers = 1 ? 27
- High Numbers = 28 - 55
- People who pool together their money have a wider variety of number choices and can afford to buy more tickets. Signing a mutually agreeable contract is suggested.
- Don?t play consecutive combinations. It?s extremely unlikely that 4 or 5 numbers will hit.
- TIP: The total of your 5 numbers should be between 104 ? 176. Sums that fall within that range, count for about 70% of all lottery jackpots.
- Don?t pick all of your numbers from the same number group, like the 10s or 30s. And avoid selections that all end in the same digit.
- For contests where there is always a Winner, increase your chances by playing unpopular games and times. Like small payouts and on days such as Friday 13th.
- Be smart about scratch offs. They have better odds than the Pick-A-Number games but the payouts are smaller.
- TIP: Check your state?s official lottery web site for information about payouts and how to claim winnings.
- People often play dates that are special to them, which means the numbers 1 -31 get a real 'work-out.' It won?t help you win, but if you do, choosing numbers OVER 31 will help you win bigger because fewer people will be sharing the jackpot.